Thursday, April 15, 2010

From Salt Lake City (yesterday)

Salt Lake City




Well there was no update this afternoon as I was sleeping for my usual update period. The weather has cleared and we are into warmer climates. We stopped briefly in Pocatello ID for some lunch and got tricked into buying the Burger King “Buck Double” After selling an awesome quarter pound double cheeseburger for a buck for months now, they pulled a fast one on us a la McDonalds with there new McDouble. For months the Double cheeseburger was a buck and it was a great deal. I loved getting the burger king double cheeseburger. I wouldn’t go there otherwise. So today in Pocatello I decided I could show Dad how awesome of a deal this was. Well the BK Double Cheeseburger has migrated to the 1.29 price menu and has been replaced by the skimpy, single piece of cheese, slightly bigger than a Mcdonalds patty “buck Double” which is much smaller than the double cheeseburger. RANT OVER. We coasted in to Salt Lake City around 5 or so and after getting slightly misdirected (I said stay right, the GPS lady voice said left and I said “Who’s doing this me or you?) We made it to the number one fire hall in Downtown Salt Lake. We went to eat at a very delicious Mexican restaurant. I got to ride over there in the nice new truck which was sweet. I didn’t get the camera though. I seem to feel more like a fireman everyday. Of course as soon as the guys got in line they got a call and rushed out the door only to return after we had finished eating. I rode back with the guys who are all very cool. We spent the evening touring the city in the Battalion Chiefs Tahoe. I have some great pictures of the Mormon Temple and the city itself from above.. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get some wireless access and publish this post. Hope you all have a good night.



From the Great Salt Lake
 
PS this was written last night with no internet access. We are in St. George UT right now and i will update with pics etc in a few hours

No comments:

Post a Comment