Sunday, April 18, 2010

Home bittersweet home

It is a little weird to be posting on the blog from home, but i must continue the journey as it is not quite completed. Dad emailed me the update of where he is now and how things went today.

I had coffee after you left with the crew for about 20 minutues then they showed me the quickest and easiest way out. I went the I-10 east to the 162 turnoff, then to a town called Maricora, then turned there to highway 238 and followed it towards Yuma, I stopped at a rest stop to take a couple of pictures with my camera, not sure if they turned out, it was a long hot drive,  I got to Yuma about noon and fueled the truck  and had Subway eat fresh for Lunch.




I used the phone to phone around to see if I could get a hold of Jorge or Pete Kozak but no luck. , so I asked a trucker if the bond department in San luis was open on Sunday and he said NO, So i phoned this Paul Evancho from the Yuma fire department and he met me at the Loves truck stop, and took me to Firehall 6 in Yuma. WOW just beautiful, just like in Phoenix, Iam a block away from the turn off to go straight into San Luis tommorrow. The captain here his son in law works for the U.S government border crosssing there so he said how to get the bond stamped, i knew that but he said to call him if i had any problems,



So iam in Yuma for tonight and will hopefully meet up with Jorge and Pete in the morning in San Luis. I had a choice between, a really nice hall but no supper, or a lousy hall but a meal, I picked the nice hall and forget the meal, I still have a couple bottles of water and some all sort candies I can eat.

From Yuma AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment